Alex Grey: Exhibited in galleries and museums worldwide, the spiritually-themed art of Alex Grey is showcased in Sacred Mirrors: The Visionary Art of Alex Grey (Inner Traditions), published in a number of journals and magazines,
and featured on the album designs of Nirvana and the Beastie Boys and on a book of songs by the Talking Heads.
His most recent book is The Mission of Art (Shambhala Books). Contact Alex by e-mail at email@example.com
and at his Website, http://www.alexgrey.com, where visitors can see color reproductions and order posters, books,
and other products.
Brooks Cole, formerly of Mindsphere and HoloSphere, is CEO/Creative Director at Holocosmos, a firm that specializes in interactive media, computer animation, and Website design; and a purveyor of state-of the-art interactive communication tools. Brooks holds a patent on the method and apparatus for the three-dimensional visual navigation
of information objects. Among his clients have been Time Warner, TV Guide, Oracle, and Apple. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and at his Website, http://www.holocosmos.com.
Jon A. Bell is an accomplished computer graphics artist. E-mail Jon at email@example.com.
Brian Moriarty, a co-founder of the Mpath computer game company , has been creating computer-based entertainment for over a decade and a half. Before Mpath, his game designs were produced by Lucasfilm Games, Rocket Science, and Infocom. E-mail Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maurice Tani's designs have appeared on a number of brand-name products. E-mail Maurice at email@example.com.
The cover design for Tripping was created by Post Tool Design.
For 11 of the 12 black-and-white illustrations in the book, I owe special thanks to five consummate artists – Alex Grey, Brooks Cole, Jon A. Bell, Brian Moriarty, and Maurice Tani (see below) -- who graciously contributed their work: I'm particularly grateful to Brooks for recruiting the material and gathering it all in. Thanks also to Suvi Asch, design manager at Penguin at the time of the production of Tripping, for bringing order to the process of reproducing the images in the book, and for laying everything in just so. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illustrations featured in Tripping
• Vision Crystal, oil on wood panel, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Universal Mind Lattice from Sacred Mirrors series, acrylic on canvas, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Void/Clear Light from Sacred Mirrors series, acrylic on canvas, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• OverSoul, oil on linen, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Flower Force Field, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Vortex Closer, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
Jon A. Bell:
• Heaven 3, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Skull Flower, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• 4 March AL 5995, digital composition, © 1995, courtesy of the artist.
• Untitled, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
• Untitled 2, digital composition, © 2000, courtesy of the artist.
The book's twelfth illustration is "Early rave party invitation, London, 1987, artist unknown."